8fold is a platform organization catering to microbusinesses. We celebrate the individual while catering to the most constrained.
A network of independent business owners providing a variety of products and services. This handbook provides information to help you start, run, and improve us all.
8fold and its divisions are treated and referenced as people. (Like the Avengers with less danger to the world and less drama.)
At the highest level, 8fold is the sum total of a documented culture, basics for operation, one monthly event, and the fold system.
8fold is comprised of four divisions:
- Pro: Firmly believes in the power of compassionate service and maintains a curated list of professionals offering products and services to 8fold users.
- Media: The voice of The Fold using whatever she deems appropriate from blogs to books, podcasts to emails, and back again.
- Dev: The keeper of code and keys behind software development across 8fold.
- Link: Keeping The Fold connected.
8fold interacts with four user groups wherein each subsequent group is part of the preceding group, but not vice versa:
- Users are the outermost circle and these individuals purchase and trade products and services with one other.
- Members are users supporting 8fold and its practitioners by earning Folds every month.
- Partners are members who support 8fold and its practitioners earning Folds every month, which gives them the ability to promote themselves on the 8fold partner page.
- Practitioners are partners who offer products and services to users and can do so under the name of 8fold.
All users must agree to the terms of our service agreement, privacy agreement, user agreements, and comply with other policies.
All members are able to take advantage of 8fold’s fold-system and other benefits.
8fold, llc (8fold from here on) is a limited liability corporation registered in the State of Tennessee, USA and governed by the laws of that state.
While legally a limited liability, for profit company, 8fold operates more like a self-organizing, self-managing voluntary not-for-profit coalition.
It provides a comfortable place to help individuals stretch into the discomfort of owning, operating, and right-sizing a business. The hope from being a coalition is that your passions make up for the dispassions of others and vice versa.
8fold tends to operate on pull. Therefore, some information linked here may not exist. Further, it is being continuously worked revised and revisited. Finally, without the go ahead to put it here, even the dead link wouldn’t be here.
#Other, similar Organizations
As 8fold continues on its path, we sometimes find organizations operating similarly. While not always inspired by them, we are inspired when we see them.